I was feeling a little under the weather earlier this week and thus was needing some spicy chicken soup. So, I poked around the internet and then threw together a combo of what I found. It turned out quite spicy and delicious and was exactly what I needed. Plus, like so often with the crockpot, it just got better (though less spicy) as the week went on. I served it piping out with shredded cabbage on top. So here it is!
Throw all the ingredients in the slow cooker (in whatever order you deem best). Then, turn on high for five hours (I then left it on low for another hour or so). You could also add tomatoes (which I might do next time).
- Chicken tenders
- Veggie broth (2/3 a box from TJs)
- 1/4 cup garbanzo bean flour (to thicken the broth)
- Mirepoix (I was feeling lazy so I got the pre-chopped kind from TJs)
- 4-5 yellow potatoes cubed
- Garlic (to your taste)
- 1 can salsa (I use green tomatillo salsa from TJs)
- Spices: smoked paprika, cumin, cayenne, red chili flakes, salt, and of course pepper to taste
- Shredded cabbage to garnish